The goal of this course is to introduce you to the basic principles of surgical extraction and diagnosis and management of intraoperative and post-operative complications.
Areas of specific interest and instructions include:
1. Clinical and radiographic evaluation of extraction difficulty and proximity to vial structures.
2. Basics principles of flap design, instrument selection, and application to execute safe and quick surgical extraction.
3. Discuss basic principles of flap design and bone removal for safe and effective extraction of wisdom teeth.
4. Diagnosis and management of the most common extraction complications like bleeding, Ecchymosis, trismus, root/tooth displacement, luxation of adjacent teeth, extraction of the wrong tooth, bone fracture, dry socket, oroantral communication, regional nerve damage.
1. How to assess the difficulty of extraction
2. Learning the basic principles of surgical extraction
3. How to assess and execute extraction of impacted wisdom teeth
4. Diagnosis and management of the most common post-extraction complications